Aldinga Washpool Wangkondilla-Kauwi ngaltingga
After 50 years of campaigning for the protection of the Aldinga Washpool, a significant wetland between Sellicks and Aldinga, we are pleased to hear that:
• the Aldinga Washpool has recently been announced as part of a new Conservation Park
• there will be no sale of State Government land
• there is potential for a co- management process to be established with the Kaurna First Nations people.
State Government’s Planning Code Review 2019 - 2021
FOWB responded to the State Government’s Planning Code Review 2019 - 2021 stating the importance of:
• the built heritage and historic character
• preserving existing trees and vegetation
• maintaining country town feel of the township zone
• allotment sizes with adequate room for buildings and trees
• respecting connections with nature and topography
• ensuring a place for community in planning processes.
We expect that there will be an ongoing community voice involved in all stages of the planning process.
Coast Park from Pt Willunga to Maslin Beach
In January 2021 FOWB raised concerns about the proposed Coast Park from Pt Willunga to Maslin Beach including:
• the safety of a shared path in off-road locations along the coast
• the proposed shared path through the Willunga Creek estuary, a culturally & environmentally sensitive area
• the plan to proceed to the design stage before negotiations have been made with the Kaurna people.
Aldinga Neighbourhood Development
We presented a Petition to State Government and lobbied Renewal SA to ensure that the new Aldinga Neighbourhood Development will allow creation of a sustainable, climate resilient community including :
• 6 Star rating Green Star Communities Framework
• 100% Green Star Certified Housing.
South Road and Victor Harbor Road Duplication
We are pleased that some of our concerns have been addressed in the latest plans for the road duplications, but we will continue to lobby for:
• a less engineered solution at Aldinga
• more safe crossings for cyclists and walkers
• sufficient opportunities for right turns onto South Road
• an improved intersection at South Rd & Aldinga Beach Rd
• less tree removals, especially on the Victor Harbor Rd.
2020 June 2020
2019 November 2019, April 2019
2018 June 2018
2017 Feb 2017
2016 April 2016
2015 July 2015
2014 Apr 2014
2013 May 2013, Sept 2013
Membership Application Form
FOWB Cycleway Submission Apr 2020. https://media.angelfire.lycos.com/4377640/2538641.pdf
Planning Code Submission 2020
PFAS Dumping - EPA Submission 2020
Willunga Main Road Upgrade Critique
Submission for the Character Preservation (McLaren Vale) Act
Submission City of Onkaparinga Green Energy Future